ISRO Free Online Course on Geoprocessing Using Python Announced, Certificate to Be Given
ISRO free online course on geoprocessing using Python is being offered to students and professionals by IIRS, Dehradun
ISRO free online course on geoprocessing using Python has been announced by the Indian Institute of Remote Sensing, which is a center of the India Space Research Organisation in Dehradun. The course will be conducted from 17 to 28 January 2022 and is open to both students and professionals interested to learn about the subject. The course can be taken through the e-class platform of IIRS-ISRO using internet connectivity, and no specific hardware or software would be required.
Participants will also receive an ISRO certificate based on 70% attendance and 40% in the online examination. The ISRO free online course can also be run in a classroom provided the following hardware is available with the coordinators:
- Desktop computer with web camera microphone and output speakers or laptop with microphone camera and output speaker.
- Large display screen, projector, or TV.
Who Can Take the ISRO Free Online Course?
The course can be taken up by the following participants:
- Final year undergraduate or postgraduate students.
- The technical or scientific staff of central or state government.
- Faculty or researchers from universities or institutions.
- Users receiving programs under CEC-UGC or CIET networks can also participate.
Applications of participants have to be duly sponsored by a university or institute and forwarded through coordinators from respective centers.
What the ISRO Free Online Course on Geoprocessing Using Python Will Cover?
The course will train applicants on how to process a vast amount of data collected from satellite imagery in a time and space-efficient manner and derive useful information and knowledge from the geospatial data. The following are some of the topics that will be covered:
- Overview of geographical information systems and different geospatial data types.
- Overview to Python programming using.
- Introduction anaconda and Jupyter notebook.
- Raster data processing, resampling, and analysis.
- Vector data processing and analysis.
- Geo-spatial data visualization on the web.
- Familiarization with various open-source geospatial data processing libraries.
Outcomes of Doing the ISRO Free Online Course?
Participants of the course should be able to do the following at the end of the program:
- Write a program in python to read, write and process different raster formats.
- Write a program in python to read, write and process different vector formats.
- Write a program to visualize geospatial data in form of maps, and images among others.
You can participate in a maximum 4 (Four) online courses of IIRS-ISRO in a Calendar year. You can withdraw your course application before starting date of any course.
Interested participants may register on the official website in order to take the course. Registration for ISRO free online courses is usually done on a first come first serve basis as there are limited number of seats.