Junior Astronomer Teja Begari, who is an inspiration to all the young Astronomy lovers
The Youngest Astronomer of India
Teja Begari is the youngest Astronomer of India, from Hyderabad Telangana. He got interested in astronomy in his 3rd grade from his science lesson on the solar system and from then his interest led to have many such achievements.
Teja Begari, born on 27/09/2006, is the youngest Astronomer of India, from Hyderabad Telangana.
He got interested in astronomy in his 3rd grade from his science lesson on the solar system and from then his interest led to have many such achievements. Teja has also been an active science promoter throughout India educating in many different schools of India about Astronomy and science altogether!
Awards, Achievements & Recognition
- Junior Astronomer of India recognized by the India book of records.
- The youngest Ambassador and a variable star research Observer at The American Association of Variable Star Observers (AAVSO).
- Silver honor in the International Astronomy and Astrophysics competition.
- 3 preliminary detections of near-Earth objects and main-belt asteroids.
- Citizen astronomer at the National Astronomical Observatory of Japan and classified more than 1000 galaxies!
- Discovered 2 supernovae: AT2021trx and AT2021tqx, featured on the website of the International Astronomical Union (IAU).
- Galaxy Morphologer at the Pune knowledge cluster.
- Recognized by the Global kids’ achievers award for the category of astronomy
Teja was an invited speaker at the Central governments (India) initiated by ALL INDIA RADIO. He also introduces the asteroid search to the young generation and makes them participate in the citizen science project. Teja has also been a participant in the CAP of the international astronomical union getting in touch with international astrophysicists.
Teja Begari was invited to talk at the 110th anniversary of AAVSO getting an invitation from the CEO Dr. Stella Kafka. He has been a science communicator and popularizer in different science events.
Teja has many connections with scientists who worked closely with Dr. Stephen Hawking! And many other renowned Astrophysicists throughout the world!
I have joined 'SA Citizen Science Group' (https://sacitizensciencegroup.github.io/group/) from the invitation of Sovan Acharya Sir, who is a very dedicated Person to promote Astronomy. It's a wonderful group where people learn things and promote Citizen Science.
After doing a jubilant work in astronomy and science altogether he has been recognized by the Global kids’ achievers award for the category of astronomy!
We, the Akashganga team congratulate him for all of his past achievements as well as his upcoming journey. We hope after reading about this young Astronomer, many more students will fall in love with such a great stream of Science: Astronomy!
I always strive to advocate, promote and popularize Astronomy.
This article is based on the achievements of Teja, as came out of the conversation between Teja Begari & the Akashganga team. Please share this article as much as possible, because such achievements can inspire many more.